Vice President/ Owner of York Internet and PC Solutions

 
  As the sole owner of the company, I thought that it would be prudent to bring in someone who was more experienced with current best practices in business administration, and also possessed a thorough knowledge of programming, web design, etc... I chose Tom Jones as a business partner because of his 20 years experience and masters degree in Information Technology, as well as his long-time interest in starting a computer sales and service business. So after some discussion, we decided to start a one stop computer sales/service/support/networking/internet marketing company called York Internet and PC Solutions that would merge with Central Penn SEO. As Vice President of this new venture, I was able to gain experience across the full spectrum of duties and responsibilities that come with running an Internet Marketing business (including the creation of the company logo). I enjoyed the opportunity to work with clients from a wide range of industries, which satisfied my intellectual curiosity to learn about new topics and subjects. From Finance to Automobile Repair, I quickly found out that the more interested I became in a topic, the more successful I was at creating highly engaging, share-able content. I also learned that my slightly sarcastic and irreverent (but non-offensive) sense of humor often works very well in the land of social media. I also became accustomed to the idea that Internet Marketing (SEO in particular) is an ever changing system of tactics that requires constant research and attention to detail to maintain ranking. I often compare SEO to aiming at a moving target or a puzzle whose pieces are constantly shifting and changing shape. While the process can be difficult and frustrating at times, success is much more fulfilling than working at a job where you repeat the same few tasks over and over again, for the rest of your working life. And, as I mentioned earlier, you get the chance to study and become an expert in topics that you may have never even considered before. One of our clients, Oakworks Inc. was so impressed with my work that they hired me under contract to be their Social Media Coordinator.